Menu
Granary
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recent Outage in SE3

We recently had a major and lengthy outage in London SE3. Daily calls for information resulted in the same answer every day - it will be fixed mid day today. It was not. I requested if we were going to be compensated for outage of internet - I work from home so had to find alternative means of communication - I was told a credit would be made. Outage was at least a week of full service being unavailable followed by 2 days after fixing of partial TV issues. Today I get my bill and no credit. I try and talk on line and find it says chat available and then no advisors available. So I call and after a substantial time listening to music that would frankly wind any same person up, I am told a credit of around UKL 7 pounds will be made. I ask for a specific contact so that I can raise a number issues of contact I have had with Virgin and am given a PO box and told to address it to the Virgin Media Complaints Team. I am a new user ( 7 months ) and have had a number of issues. Does anyone know of or can recommend a direct e mail address or telephone number or physical mail address where I am likely to get a reply from.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent Outage in SE3

Hi Granary,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to the Community, I can see you've recently joined so welcome Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've had an outage that has affected your work from home, I would certainly be frustrated as you've mentioned. I can see that you have been in touch and wish to have an email address, while there is none present i would like to ask what specific address did you receive to send the complaint entirely?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Granary
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your note.

I was advised to write to P.O.Box 333, Virgin Media Complaints Team at Swansea. I asked for a UK telephone number where I could call the complaint in and was advised there was none equally I was told the same when I asked for UK e mail address and a name of someone that I could speak to.

It seems to me that Virgin Media are very happy to continually bombard me with sales offers of facilities that I don't really need, they can write to me with offers of mobiles that I don't want, they can write and advise me of an increase in charges 5 months after I have taken the contract out with them and their accounts department can call me from the UK and speak to me about direct debits. All from UK origin but when I want to speak to someone about a service issue or as I now do I want to make a complaint and set my dissatisfaction out in writing with an expected reply I cant get a physical address other than a POB and I cant get a name, number or e mail. So no direct contact.

I was hoping to resolve this issue and close it off before end of January because if I do no or can not then the likelihood is I will simply cancel the contract under the terms offered in the increased cost letter and walk away from it and go back to my provider of 13 years Talk Talk. I has the same issue of no UK service when there was a problem but I was paying half the cost I now pay to Virgin.

The recent outage is not the only issue we have had since taking the service in August - we have had a number of occasions when the TV service has simply dropped off for minutes at a time and then restarted itself etc.

I am just disappointed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Granary,

Thank you for your message and detailed response here. I'm sorry that you've been unsuccessful in finding an email address for the complaints, there simply isn't one to offer I'm afraid.

That address you have been given seems to be the correct one. The complaints procedure we have for everyone would be to write in and I'm confident that the team will be in touch with you ASAP. 

I'm sorry that i'm not able to give you any more here but hope that you have a resolution to your problem as soon as possible. 

Please let the Community know on how it goes and any developments you find. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos