Menu
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Rebooting coming out of standby

Just when you think VM Tivo can't become an even worse experience, the last few days, mine has started rebooting when I come out of standby. All the light come on then reboot. After rebooting I also get C501 unexpected errors although that might be because it is still starting up, although this did not happen before the last useless "update". Obviously I am losing big chunks out of recordings.

Anyone else started getting this.

I see there are other previous threads, with the usual lack of VM resolution:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/TiVo-doesn-t-record-when-my-TV-is-on-stand-by/m-p/2895172/h...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/tivo-rebooting-ALL-the-time/m-p/2568085/highlight/true#M108...

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting coming out of standby

Hi thanks4nothing,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having the issues with the TiVo® rebooting and getting errors, which is causing you to lose your recordings.

I've been able to run testing to your TiVo® and it is showing that there is a fault with the tuner. In order to get this fixed, I will need to arrange for an engineer to have a look at the TiVo®.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting coming out of standby

Hi thanks4nothing,

In order to get the problem with your TiVo® investigated further, you will need to enable your private messaging as we cannot post account details on the public forum.

To enable Private Messaging:
Edit profile>Preferences>Private Messages>Tick box to turn on Private Messages

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos