Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

Just a query , is there any way you can watch a recorder programme on your Tivo on the spare box in the other room ? Or do you require two Tivo main boxes ? it's a little frustrating to record a programme and then have to command the main TV to watch it .

Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you have two TiVo boxes,both connected to your network, Yes.

TiVo box to V+ box, no.

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh i only have a Vbox ( the small one ) in the spare room .If when the V6 becomes an option which I'm waiting for with bated breath and i decide to upgrade a strong possibility could i get my Tivo put in my other room as my other box ? or will they not comply to my request ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yup if you get the V+ box replaced with a V6, you could use V6 as your main box and move the TiVo to where the V+ is now. Or have teh V6 where teh V+ is now.. That way you could do MRS, as long as they are both on your account (that's the setup I'm using ATM)

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only question is will i need ethernet connection ? as my super hub is in another room and approximately 15 feet away from my Tivo and a bit further from the spare box so not sure of the issues , I would like to have it in a state of readiness for when i come to make the change
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connections to Superhub from TiVo can be either Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. Same for V6 which can also connect by wifi.

Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks any recommendations for any particular power lines ? as I'm not using power line connection at present if i used it now with my present Tivo and spare box does it improve quality ?
Colin
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick question , at present my Tivo and spare box are connected simply by WI FI , is there any advantage in also using a power line connection to connect and if so what will be the advantage ?
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure I understand because neither TiVo nor your spare box have wifi capability so how can they be simply connected by wifi? All Virgin Media set top boxes MUST be connected to the cable co-ax.

Please clarify your current configuration, box types and current connections then pose your question again.

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself and misleading you , I'm thinking ahead to the V6 box which i understand will need WI FI connection , and the Tivo if i put it in my spare room will need to talk to the V6 so as I can watch any recording's on either box , sorry about the confusion i was jumping ahead
Colin
0 Kudos