Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new Sony TV can't pick up my TiVo box

You do not need to scan to find channels on your new TV.

Simply connect the TiVo to your new TV with an HDMI cable, then select the correct HDMI source on your TV.

0 Kudos
Eddieeganis50
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My new Sony TV can't pick up my TiVo box

Got a new Sony TV and it can't find when scanning my TiVo box . I've got no airal just my cable TiVo box. When tv is scanning it show can't find find anything ....help 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new Sony TV can't pick up my TiVo box

Hi there Eddieeganis50, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble setting up your TiVo® with your new Sony TV. 

As Ernie has stated, you do not need to scan for the TiVo® it should be picked up automatically, however you do need to ensure that you're taking the right option. On my TV at home the remote has a "Source" button (others call it input or it will be a box with an arrow pointing inwards), you press this button and choose the correct HDMI port that you've connected the TiVo® to. 

The only other option I can think of is, if your previous TV operated on a higher ratio than your new TV and your TiVo® is then broadcasting on a screen ratio that your new TV can't handle. In this case I'd suggest connecting a scart lead to your TV and TV, select the scart input on your TV, then work through the TiVo® menu to change the HDMI output on your TiVo®

Please let me know how you get on. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos