Menu
OliKos
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random Recordings

Hi there

For months now I have had a big problem with my Virgin TiVo box. Random things record and it is never stuff I choose to record. I have now a few times been on the main channels page and a new recording has popped up as if I chose to record it. There are a load of random series links in my record section that I have no idea about. At first I thought it was next door but then IR won't work unless they were pointing their remote through the window or something!

Hope someone can help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Recordings

Hi OliKos,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help find out what's causing these recordings to appear for you.  I suspect it may be the 'Suggestions' feature that's part of TiVo®.  This will automatically record any programmes that may be of interest to you.  This is based on your Thumb's Up/Down ratings.  This feature can be turned off by using these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > SELECT 'NO'

Once this is turned off, this will stop the TiVo® automatically recording any suggested content.

If this is not the case and someone else has setup the Series Links, you can check out your Series Link lists via:

HOME > MY SHOWS & RECORDINGS > MANAGE MY SERIES LINKS > SELECT THE RELEVANT SERIES LINK AND PRESS 'CLEAR' ON THE REMOTE CONTROL AND IT SHOULD GO OFF THE LIST FOR YOU.

I shall also pop our Discover TiVo® link here incase it maybe useful for you as it will tell you more about Suggestions on the TiVo® service Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

OliKos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thank you very much for your reply. The first suggestion seems to ha e sorted it. If not I will tell you. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi OliKos,

I'm pleased to hear all is ok now for you and thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Should you need us again in the future, you know where to find us.

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos