Menu
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Random Channel Changes on TIVO

Hi all Recently we have noticed that our TIVO box when it is turned back on is on a completely different TV channel, and it seems to be more frequent. Last night, I turned it of on bbc 1. This morning it was on some random shopping channel Yesterday some random discovery channel Any reason for this? Adrian
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Channel Changes on TIVO

It's down to the fact that all three tuners record on TiVo.

So if it's recording suggestions, three planned recordings or both, the tuner you were using for live TV may end up on a different channel to the last one you were watching live.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Ben

But as far as I know I am not recording anything!!

But will take a look

0 Kudos
geoffharry
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. I don't turn my Tivo box off overnight when I turn off the TV set, and I always leave the Tivo box  on BBC1.  But every morning the Tivo box has changed to a random channel. It has nothing to do with recording, because I have checked My Shows and it shows nothing new, or that I haven't selected myself. This morning, for example, it had changed to channel 128 (Dave) but the last recording in My Shows was 3 days ago. Each day it has changed to a different channel. I have never actually seen it change channel on its own, so don't know whether it shows any messages beforehand. 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked recordings in the suggestions folder?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
geoffharry
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks - I hadn't realised that "Suggestions" weren't included in the "All" folder. Seems logical?? When I checked "Suggestions" it was actually recording something I didn't want, and packed with loads more I hadn't asked for and wasn't interested in, so I deleted the lot. I then tried to "Improve my suggestions", only to discover that there were about 50 pages of them! It looks like everything I have ever recorded. This will take forever to delete one by one. Is there any way to delete blocks of them, or even delete all of them and start afresh?

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can't delete groups of suggestions, but there's no need to, they don't contribute to your used space and they're automatically deleted when the space is needed.

You can turn off the recording of suggestions somewhere in the settings if you want, but there's not much point.

0 Kudos
geoffharry
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Tavis, for your quick reply. I have turned off recording suggestions for now, and we'll see if it stays where it's put in future. Thanks again - you've been most helpful.

0 Kudos
geoffharry
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS         I have just discovered that it is in fact possible to clear all suggestions after all.  If you go into:

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset Tivo Box - Clear Thumbs Ratings & Suggestions, you then have to enter the PIN and press Thumbs Down three times followed by Last Channel. There's a warning it could take up to an hour, followed by a restart, but in fact mine only took a couple of minutes before it restarted.

0 Kudos