Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (195 Views)

Quickest way to leave a company connected to Virgin Care who is suing our NHS please

I've just found out VIRGIN CARE ARE SUING OUR NHS because they lost out on a children's services contract in Surrey to a not-for-profit joint NHS/Community bid!!!  I urgently need shot of every, even remotely tenuous connection I have to this horrific conglomerate.

I've also just found out that I might have been in a rolling 30 day contract after my initial contract ended but now, after I agreed to take free TV a while back, I learn I might have been conned into "signing up" to a new 12 month contract by accepting the "free" offer. At no point did the caller suggest I might be "signing" a new contract by accepting the "free" offer but I've seen on some other threads people saying they can't cancel their contracts because they altered their contract without realising the original contract clock starts ticking all over again, no matter how far into the old contract you are.  If this is true the REASONS TO LEAVE VIRGIN ARE PILING UP.

How can I find out where I'm at in my contract and the quickest way to leave please? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10 (186 Views)

Re: Quickest way to leave a company connected to Virgin Care who is suing our NHS please

Story here for anyone interested ... https://www.ft.com/content/297e7714-089f-11e7-97d1-5e720a26771b

Of course Branson's links with Virgin Media are indeed tenuous since he sold out to Liberty Global but Virgin Care is very much a part of his empire.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 10 (185 Views)

Re: Quickest way to leave a company connected to Virgin Care who is suing our NHS please

Virgin Media have NOTHING to do with any other Virgin Group company. They are wholly owned by Liberty Global.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 10 (182 Views)

Branson never sold out Virgin Media to anyone.

He or his group never owned Virgin Media.

NTL became Virgin Media and were then bought by Liberty Global.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10 (180 Views)

Ernie_C wrote:

Branson never sold out Virgin Media to anyone.

He or his group never owned Virgin Media.

NTL became Virgin Media and were then bought by Liberty Global.

I was referring to the licencing of the Virgin name.

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 10 (176 Views)

You said he sold out to Liberty Global!

He licensed the Virgin name to NTL who were then bought by Liberty Global.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10 (174 Views)

Ernie_C wrote:

You said he sold out to Liberty Global!

He licensed the Virgin name to NTL who were then bought by Liberty Global.

I'll go and hand myself in to the authorities.  Hopefully with good behaviour I'll see you again in 18 months.      Smiley LOL

Electron
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10 (162 Views)

Um, he owns 3% of Virgin Media, so no, not that tenuous. 3% of millions is lots! Smiley Sad Post something helpful or don't bother. Nothing to say about conning people into "signing" new contracts? Surely you got a link for that too.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10 (161 Views)

OMG. Check a fact. Branson owns 3% of Virgin Media. Anything to say about the conning people into "signing " new contracts and then not telling them they're in a new contract? Please post something useful or don't bother.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 10 of 10 (127 Views)

The legal situation is that the customer MUST be made aware of the imposition of a contract and agree to it hence I am sure that VM will be able to prove that was done should you  maintain that it wasn't. (???).

Hope they haven't lost the recording.

0 Kudos