Menu
AV8R
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quest channel picture quality

Hi, just a moan out loud, realise it's not VM's "fault" but I've just settled down to watch my recording of the BSB races that are normally broadcast in glorious HD on BTSport to find that because BT were showing a cycle race live the bikes got moved to a "sister" channel; Quest. 

Obviously a SD channel isn't going to look as good as HD but, having never watched Quest before, I'm so very disappointed in the picture quality. It's like watching a video recording from the 80's.

0 Kudos
Richah
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quest channel picture quality

picture quality was rubbish , I was very disappointed with it , Eurosport should have moved the French open to quest , the worst thing is there moving the world super bike to quest next weekend for the same reason so we will have to put up with rubbish picture quality again,

0 Kudos
AV8R
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Omg. You're right. WSBK on Quest this weekend. Seriously?? Must be the World Tiddlywinks Championship that needs to be shown in all its HD glory that's caused it. Possibly. 

Fortunately I'll be there so will see it as intended, will remember to not record the live show and instead record the highlights on BTSports later. 

Why is this channel's broadcast quality so bad? Other SD channels I watch, Discovery ones mainly, are an acceptable quality equal to what I remember TV was like before HD, so can anything be done?

As an aside I've given up Men & Motors, that's even worse!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Astra satellite feed that VM & Sky take Quest's programmes from uses the same quality (Bitrate) as Discovery channel (its actually on the same transponder), so the PQ should be comparable to Discovery's SD feed. Perhaps its just the Live link to the event that is poor quality.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
AV8R
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Think you're right re the live feed, as I've just looked at Quest and the picture is, as you say, of a similar quality to the SD Discovery channels.

ps. Mea culpa. I meant British Eurosport, not BTSport.

0 Kudos