Menu
Nodders
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Programs pausing/jumping/pixelling etc

Hey folks .

This has started to happen the last couple of weeks especially from recorded programmes . If I fast forward the adverts say , then it can freeze , jump forward , sometimes you cannot stop the fast forward and it just keeps going , then it will stop and amazingly jump back to about where it started to fast forward . It's really getting out of hand and is everything I have tried to watch so far .

This is happening from all different recorded stations and can also happen with live TV when I rewind .

Please don't tell me its the Hard drive failing , we have like 60% full on a gig drive so there is an awful lot of programs to try and watch before it completely goes .

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated , thanks .

0 Kudos
Nodders
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programs pausing/jumping/pixelling etc

I watched MotD last night , it was around 20 minutes in , WHU had just finished celebrating their second goal . I say celebrating and second goal but in reality it jumped passed that particular section and I missed all of it .

This was while the program was recording on BBC 1 .

0 Kudos
cadpaps
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

im having the same problems with all of my recordings. I haven't had this on live TV but when I pause live TV, it starts freezing and leaving artefacts on the screen for mintutes so missing whole sections of shows! It's getting very annoying now...

0 Kudos
Nodders
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recorded Swamp people tonight . It is a recording of 1 hour and 5 minutes . Checked the length because unbelievably after only one minute in , still adverts before the show starts . It turns off and asks if I want to keep or delete the recording . This is getting worse and totally fed up of this now .

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nodders wrote:

Recorded Swamp people tonight . It is a recording of 1 hour and 5 minutes . Checked the length because unbelievably after only one minute in , still adverts before the show starts . It turns off and asks if I want to keep or delete the recording . This is getting worse and totally fed up of this now .

The obvious way forward is to call it in and get something done. If it has to be replaced then it has to be done. It is unlikely that it is going to get better on its own.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodders, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are currently having with programs pausing and skipping. 

This isn't what we like to hear and i'm more than happy to look into this for you. 

Checking the TiVo® stats, it looks as though power levels, SNR levels and the area are looking good. It does look like it's the Hard drive at fault here. 

We'll need to get an engineer out to you to get this resolved. 

I understand you have lots of recordings to watch so it's up to you whether you want me to book the engineer for asap or if you would like to wait a little to catch up on those shows. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi cadpaps, 

It looks as though you are in the same boat here. The Hard drive status isn't looking good Smiley Sad

I've sent you a private message to arrange a suitable appointment for an engineer to come and look at things. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodders, 

All sorted for you. 

Check your inbox for confirmation of the engineer time Smiley Happy

Please keep us updated on how the visit went and if there is anything else we can do for you just let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos