Menu
Higgy5150
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Programming Remote Control

Following the Instructions but doesn't work for the Sound, etc on Toshiba and Samsung
Any ideas?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dunc79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Programming Remote Control

Can you get to the point where it turns the tv off? If so ignore the instructions you're provided and press ok on the TiVo remote as soon as the tv switches off. Official instructions say to turn tv back on and test vol controls before pressing ok, but doing that reset the whole process for me.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Higgy5150

Sorry to learn about the problems with your remote, what stage do you get to and what happens to let you know it hasn't worked?

Let us know as much detail as possible, our community are a clever bunch and we'll help to get this working if possibleMan Happy

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Dunc79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can you get to the point where it turns the tv off? If so ignore the instructions you're provided and press ok on the TiVo remote as soon as the tv switches off. Official instructions say to turn tv back on and test vol controls before pressing ok, but doing that reset the whole process for me.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Higgy5150

Sorry to learn about the problems with your remote, what stage do you get to and what happens to let you know it hasn't worked?

Let us know as much detail as possible, our community are a clever bunch and we'll help to get this working if possibleMan Happy

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Lyndsey3009
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I got my new tivo deliverered today my problem is the remote for the old virgin box no longer works after we have installed the new box, also the TV remote no longer works either for the TV ie sound, but the new remote volume doesnt work on the new remote i have tried all the codes and dont know whst yo do, I have a swisstec TV. I have followed the instructions to programme the remote but can't even get it to switch the TV off, any help would be appreciated Ive just spent 3hrs trying to fix this 😔
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lyndsey3009,

Just to let you know I have found your duplicate post and responded to it here.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JamesA1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trying to program new remote to do volume etc for TV. I get as far aputting in the 0999 code, but no green lights show, and ch. change does nothing. Tried several times using on screen instructions, then online instructions. No joy. Help!

0 Kudos
lymbournbella
Settling in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi i had the same problem i have a samsung tv, found out how to do it  1.  on virgin remote press clear and tv buttons till the light flashes twice, 2. tape in 0999. 3.  keep pressing channel up button slowly till the tv goes off. 4 press ok till light  on remote flashes twice. that should do it it worked for me got this from twitter hope it works for you

0 Kudos