Menu
juliepp
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Programmes not recording

Why won't my programmes record? This includes series links and individual recordings. Saying power lost when my Tivo box is always left on stand by. Only been happening in the last few weeks and was recording fine before. HELP, I'm missing all my programmes.

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programmes not recording

That doesn't sound very good.

I suggest you call, as soon as you can, 150 from a virgin phone or

0 Kudos
Maurice_Thepity
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is already a lengthy thread on this topic at;

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tivo-doesn-t-record-says-quot-Power-Lo...

We've been having the same problems with programmes not being recorded and the "power lost" message on the Recording Hiccups page.

Finally twigged that the TiVo box only fails to record with it's in standby. Came home and turned on the TiVo box, which should have been recording a programme, intending to start watching from he beginning. When I clicked through to the My Shows page, I'd only got the last 4 minutes of the programme; from when I switched on the TiVo box from standby.

I phoned the helpline. They told me this is a known issue and they are working on a software update but couldn't say when it will be ready.

However, last night I started watching that programme about the London Olympics opening ceremony. But I was too tired to watch it all so started recording it and switched the TiVo box to standby. As I got into bed I thought oh no, I've switched the TiVo box to standby; it won't record, too late now I'll have to watch it on catch-up. When I got up this morning I found the full programme had recorded. So it's something to do with starting the recording when the TiVo box is in standby.

0 Kudos
waggit
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got the same problem and just talked to a tech. Try ;

Press home and go into settings.

Go into devices and press snooze with suggestions on. He thinks an update sent a little while back may have changed the settings. Mine had become set on snooze with suggestions off. Have done what he says and it will be tested tonight when it is set to record Outcast. Really annoyed as I set it to tape Tour de France whilst I went to work and came home to find no bike race. Just a recording hiccup that listed power fail. Hopefully this does the trick.

0 Kudos
waggit
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well that didn't work ! So this morning went back into settings and devices and power saving and set it to not power save. that worked as a program recorded whilst at work. Also rebooted the box which seems to have speeded it up a bit. Really annoyed as this seems to be a glitch caused by a download to the box. Why weren't we informed of this and offered a discount for loss of service. I know a few missed recordings aren't the end of the world in the grand scheme of things but £60 a month is a considerable sum for me. You expect to get what you pay for. Lack of communication on Virgin's part is insulting. Hey Branson get your head out of space, get your bum off your private island and take notice of how your company is treating it's customers !

0 Kudos