Menu
walters1
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems with frezzing during playback of recoreded and downloaded programmes

Hi

Whilst watching a recorded programme I find that the programme freezes when I try to pause or rewind/fast forward so I then have to turn it off completely and start it from the beginning. Please could you give me some advice in fixing this issue

Thanks

crypticc
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with frezzing during playback of recoreded and downloaded programmes

Me too. Although stopping playback normally fixes it for me without a reboot.  Also some pixelation visible on playback that goes away when restarting.

Brand new Tivo box and never seen before

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with frezzing during playback of recoreded and downloaded programmes

Hi walters1,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run some diagnostics on your box and I can see an issue with your hard drive that's likely causing the issue. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician appointment.

Look forward to hearing form you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with frezzing during playback of recorded and downloaded programmes

Do you mind already running a diagnostic on mine please?  It pauses multiple times on virtually every recording. Almost like the hard drive can't play and record at the same time. Stopping playback and restarting normally resolves so it's not on the recording.    But only works until it stops again a few minutes later.

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with frezzing during playback of recorded and downloaded programmes

Hi cryptic,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've checked out your TiVo® and I can see a couple of errors as well as an issue with your input signal. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Johnw1951
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've the same type of problem. Usually occurs after about 30 minutes of playback and can usually be fixed (for a while) by going back to live TV and then restarting playback.  Second TiVo has the same problem, but not as frequently.

Is the the answer usually a new hard-drive?

J

0 Kudos
Johnw1951
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've the same type of problem - freezing, pixelation, etc. Usually occurs after about 30 minutes of playback and can usually be fixed (for a while) by going back to live TV and then restarting playback.  Second TiVo has the same problem, but not as frequently.

Is the the answer usually a new hard-drive? Or does tweaking the signal level sort it?

J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Johnw1951,

Sorry to hear this is happening with your recordings and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I would like to send one of the team out to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos