Menu
Robdog28
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems with TiVo recordings.

Tivo recordings pixelating and freezing on playback can you help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with TiVo recordings.

It's usually a sign that your hard drive is dying. Might be a signal issue but that would affect live tv too. Either way you'll need to phone in for help. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's usually a sign that your hard drive is dying. Might be a signal issue but that would affect live tv too. Either way you'll need to phone in for help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robdog28,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting pixelated picture on your recordings.  I can see you have had an engineer call round to get this sorted for you.  It would be great to hear how you have got on, please keep me posted.

I also wanted to pop our guide for How to copy TiVo® settings for you.  It will take you through transferring over your Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings to your new box.  It will help save a heap of time in setting them up manually which is handy.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need anything.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Robdog28
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have a new TiVo box hard drive on its way out on my old TiVo all up and running now thanks for your help I wished I had got this email earlier so I could have used the how to copy TiVo settings.

Cheers
Rob 😀
0 Kudos
Robdog28
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Had a new TiVo on the 5/4/2016 because of the faulty hard drive in my old one.The new one has started rebooting on its own it rebooted twice on Tuesday and it has rebooted today at 12.52 the tv froze each time and then rebooted it's now 13.10 and it hasn't finished rebooting.I have red the other reports of TiVo rebooting but can't seem to find what's causing it.Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your new TiVo® seems to be causing you a bit of bother recently with some random reboots. I'd like to look into this further for you. 

I've just tried to run some testing on your TiVo® and it appears as if it's currently powered off. If this is the case, could you please leave it powered on (standby is okay) so I can run some testing and see if there is anything untoward going on. 

Many thanks, and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Robdog28
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your email I have had another new Tivo which is working fine until Severn Trent cut through the cable today so I have no TV telephone or broadband and I'm waiting for VM engineer to come and repair the cable expected today not arrived hopefully they will come Tuesday but had no contact from them I hope they let me know when they are coming.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob, 

Thank you for coming back to me on this. I've sent you a private message with some further information, please look to the top right of this page, and click on the purple envelope icon. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos