Menu
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problems with TV Anywhere web search

When I search for a TV programme on the TV Anywhere web interface i.e.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings/

The suggested results are often all from SD channels, not their HD equivalent. e.g. I type

Spoils

and it gives me several upcoming episodes of "Spoils Before Dying" on Fox, but none on Fox HD, despite Fox HD being one of my favourites. This makes it really hard to schedule recordings using it. It should prioritise favourite channels. Also, the pop-up suggestions seem to show times in GMT, not BST

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with TV Anywhere web search

Hi cjdshaw,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry that you are having problems getting the HD channel listings via the TV Anywhere app search.

I was able to find "The Spoils Before Dying" on Fox HD, in a roundabout way, which I agree is inconvenient. I searched for "The Spoils Before Dying", which shows up on the Fox SD channel, noted the programme start time and then on the TV Anywhere tv-listings, searched for the HD Channels from the drop down box at the top, and found Fox HD and scrolled over to find "The Spoils Before Dying" at the same start time as the SD channel.

I've just searched the TV listing as well and verified that the programmes are listed at the correct time (BST), so I'm not sure why you are seeing them listed at GMT.  

Let me know if this works for you. I will certainly feed this back.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I know you can find the HD program manually, but is there a reason Fox HD doesn't show up in search?

I'm still seeing the GMT / BST problem. I've done a screengrab to illustrate. This happens in Chrome and Safari

0 Kudos
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Note that 4HD doesn't show up in those search results either, despite it being a favourite. Could there be an option to only search favourite channels, or at least that they show up first?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi cjdshaw, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

You can change your viewing from all channels to favourites by clicking on the little box which is visible in your screenshot. 

Just above Monday / Tuesday there is a while box showing as All Channels. Click on this and select Favourite Channels.

I would advise against using Chrome as this browser isn't supported by us due to it being incompatible. 

Let me know us you need further assistance with this. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, but if you read the thread, you will notice that I mention that the timezone problem also happens with Safari

I'm aware that I can select my favourites from the pulldown, but when I search, it still often doesn't show the HD version. Notice that in my screenshot, no upcoming episodes on 4HD are shown. I was suggesting that Search should prioritise favourite channels
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi cjdshaw, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

Apologies, I will admit I totally missed the GMT / BST part. 

I have been able to replicate this via Internet Explorer to so have sent an email over to the team to take a look at this. Being honest, I'm not sure how much they'll get done by tomorrow. As the clocks go back I'm assuming this will correct the issue automatically. 

With regards to the HD channels issue, the reason the SD channels show first is because you are only able to watch the SD channels. I've fed your comments back to the team as feedback though Smiley Happy

I'll let you know what the team says when they come back to me.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The GMT/BST issue has resolved itself with the clocks going back. I assume it will return in spring with the swallows, though.

Regarding the HD channels not showing up, I can see that prioritising streaming channels in "On now" would make sense. In "Upcoming" though, the chances are that users are looking for a programme to record on their Tivo, so would be more interested in showings on their favourite channels, regardless of whether or not they can be streamed

0 Kudos
cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The web search really is a joke. I typed in "The X Files" in

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com

None of the upcoming new series appeared, just irrelevant results, plus the X Files movie from On Demand . I pressed Return and got a "Page Not Found" error. Well done Virgin

0 Kudos