Menu
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Disney/Challenge channels

For the best part of 2 weeks now I have been having problems with the Disney channels (Xd, +1, Junior) and the Challenge channel.They are all pixalating quite badly and aren't watchable at all.
Other kids channels are fine but just not Disney.
I am in the Nottingham area and wonder if it is a local problem or if it needs looking at?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with Disney/Challenge channels

Hi miggiwoo,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Disney and Challenge channels. 

I have checked with our Faults department, and no issue has been reported for these channels. 

I have tried to run remote testing to your equipment, but I'm unable to complete this as it shows your equipment is offline. I can rerun the testing tomorrow morning if you leave the equipment powered on, or alternatively, give us a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline, taking option 2, then option 2 again, to report the issue and we can run testing on your line to the equipment to see what's causing this issue.

Please let me know if you would like me to test this for you or how you get on with my colleagues in the Faults Centre.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi miggiwoo,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Disney and Challenge channels. 

I have checked with our Faults department, and no issue has been reported for these channels. 

I have tried to run remote testing to your equipment, but I'm unable to complete this as it shows your equipment is offline. I can rerun the testing tomorrow morning if you leave the equipment powered on, or alternatively, give us a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline, taking option 2, then option 2 again, to report the issue and we can run testing on your line to the equipment to see what's causing this issue.

Please let me know if you would like me to test this for you or how you get on with my colleagues in the Faults Centre.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.Will leave it powered on tomorrow if you are able to test it.
Thanks
0 Kudos
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.Will leave it powered on tomorrow if you are able to test it.
Thanks
0 Kudos
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Have left my equipment powered on all day.
Disney, +1 and Junior all have the message that there is a problem with the signal and have an error message of W02.
Challenge TV plays but is still badly pixalating.
Tried re-setting my Tivo box but still same.
Rang 150 and went through the menu(s) but after giving me 5 options it would let me choose option 5, tried this on 3 separate calls.
Just want to get through to them to report my fault.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi miggiwoo,

Thank you for getting back to us.  

I'm sorry to hear that you still have these missing channels at the moment.

I have carried out some checks from here and hope to have this resolved.  You may need to give the box a further reboot, if you can please power off/on once more and let me know if this has restored your channels?

Also, do you power off the box over night?  If so, this may be causing a few issues as the box receives regular updates.  If it is powered off overnight, this can lead to faults occurring.  Refer to our TiVo® Power Saving Settings help page.

If it is the case you don't power off your box overnight then not to worry Smiley Happy

I'm here if you need me, please keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.I have powered it on and off but the same problem continues.It comes up with the no signal comment box with W02 at the end of the message.
I do switch it off at the socket each evening.
I also have a V+ box in my kitchen that I switch off every evening, but there isn't any problems at all with the Disney/Challenge channels on that.
I can leave my Tivo box powered up overnight to see if the makes any difference.
It's just a bit frustrating now as my Daughter only really watches the Disney channel and my Son the Challenge channel.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Miggiwoo, 

Thanks for letting us know, and can I say I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having the issue with Disney and Challenge. 

I've done some testing this morning, and can see that both your set top boxes are currently powered off. I'd like you to power them back on and see if the channels are working for you now as I've done some work my end.

Should you find that you are still having trouble with these channels, I'd have to ask you to leave the TiVo® powered on (in standby if preferred) for a couple of days to enable us to run some further testing. Please leave it powered on until we reply back to ensure we are not crossing paths again. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Miggiwoo, 

Just thought I'd check to see how things are this morning for you. I've run the tests again this morning and can see no issues on your TiVo® so hopefully your channels are now working after the work I done yesterday. 

Please let me know 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,
Just got back home now and nothing has changed at all.Left both the Tivo and V+ boxes on since Yesterday afternoon
Everything is still fine on the V+ box.
When I try any Disney channel on the Tivo box it just shows the screen with the "There is a problem with the signal, please contact Virgin " (W02) etc.
The Challenge channel is still badly pixalating but doesn't show the above message.
Have tried ringing 150 as advised but do not get any further than a maze of automated options.
Really not sure what to do now as this has been like it for the best part of a month.
0 Kudos