Menu
Lisflem
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems connecting TiVo to Sony dav-tz140 home theatre

I wonder if anyone is able to help. I am at my wits end trying to set up my dav-tz140 to my TiVo box. I have a hitachi 55HZT66U smart TV. 

I have connected the TiVo box to the HT using HDMI cable. As the HT only has 1 HDMI output port (which the TiVo box is connected to) I am using the RGA connection on the HT to the tv. I got one of the under noted to connect the RGA to the tv via scart. I get sound from the DVD on the HT when the adaptor is switched to out, when I switch the adaptor to IN I get vision and terrible sound from the DVD but no surround sound from the tv. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scart-Adapter-Switchable-Plug-Socket/dp/B00077DC6A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=13...

Is there anything I can to do get the system to work or is it no good for use with TiVo. I have absolutely zero tech knowledge so if someone can help in really simple terms it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems connecting TiVo to Sony dav-tz140 home theatre

You cannot connect the tivo HDMI to that device. the HDMI is an output. the only way to get audio via that system is to use a scart to phono adapter like the one you now have and the correct cable to its analog audio input from the Tivos scart output.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Lisflem
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OMG That's it I think. I've connected the HT TiVo via adaptor then connected to TiVo to the TV via the HDMI. The only thing is the dvd on the HT doesn't play it's just sound is this because it had been pretty much bypassed by the TiVo box now. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to connect the hdmi on the HT to a spare HDMI in on the TV to get picture from the dvd.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Lisflem
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And I have blue ray surround sound. Thank you so much for that. Had the HT over a year and couldn't get it to work. Your reply and it was done in seconds it is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos