Menu
loudis86
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem with Startup

Hi,

I received my tivo box yesterday and was told the signal had now been switched on ready to set it all up. I connected it all up and rang to activate.

The startup checklist came up and then after an hour and a half if was stuck on 'checking cable signal levels'. I called and spoke to an operator who told me she had sent another signal to the box and to reset it.

After another 40 minutes it was stuck in the same checkpoint. I called again and was told an engineer would be booked but the line was quite bad so was unsure when it was for.

I thought maybe overnight it may have resolved itself so tried again, but no such luck.

I called a 3rd time to confirm if an engineer had been booked in. It had but between 8-1 Wednesday but during these times i will be at work. So they rescheduled for Friday.

I cant believe i have to wait a while week before my box and broadband will be up and running (hopefully).

I thought as a new customer, they would try their utmost to help as quickly as possible as my first impression is not a good one.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with Startup

Switch it all off - then ensure the cable which comes into your house is tightly connected to the TiVo box.

Then switch back on.

At this point I don't think their signal would have actually done anything - so it may be an issue outside your house or on the cable.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello loudis86,

Firstly I would like to say that I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing.

I would certainly like to look into this for you so I will need to check your account and see what's going on.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a private message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello loudis86,

Just to recap I have sent you a private message regarding your TiVo® which you will find in the purple envelope at the top right of your screen.

Kind Regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos