Menu
Jax24
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem setting Series Link for football across multiple channels

Hey, was hoping someone might be able to help me with this problem.

I like to record Serie A football games and they are currently shown across BT Sports 1, 2, 3 and ESPN.

Last season I would put an individual series link on the "Live Serie A Football" program on each channel, this would result in four series links and all games being recorded.

However, I've had a problem doing the same this season. Whenever I set a series link on one channel it will automatically delete the last. The app no longer seems able to recognize the series links individually and will now only remember one at a time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or found a fix? 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem setting Series Link for football across multiple channels

Jax24 wrote:

Hey, was hoping someone might be able to help me with this problem.

I like to record Serie A football games and they are currently shown across BT Sports 1, 2, 3 and ESPN.

Last season I would put an individual series link on the "Live Serie A Football" program on each channel, this would result in four series links and all games being recorded.

However, I've had a problem doing the same this season. Whenever I set a series link on one channel it will automatically delete the last. The app no longer seems able to recognize the series links individually and will now only remember one at a time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or found a fix? 

They made update with very bad programming. Now you must record from ALL channels. It is very bad making recording from many channels you don't want recording! Not even give warning deleting settings for last, just deleted. Many channels not have enough information so recordings over and over of same programs. Now leaving VM, getting Sky, better programming!!

0 Kudos
Jax24
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I set recording for all channels? Can I do it from the app or does it need to be on the box? Can't seen an option to do it on the app.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As part of the recent changes to TiVo, Series Link has changed.

To record across multiple channels for a show, you need to change the Series Link+ to an 'All Channels' option. Currently you'll need to do this via your TiVo remote on the STB - but it will soon be possible to do it via the app too.

To change the Series Link+ select the 'Channel' section in the Series Link and press right on your remote until it shows 'All'.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

<Sigh> and that is supposed to be progress? Madness, whoever thought of this really doesn't use series links.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The changes that have come with the Series Link+ were designed by TiVo as part of a core platform update that was also added to their boxes in the US (under the name OnePass)
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Shadowch31
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My problem is similar in that its a show I want to record over 2 channels, ITV & ITV2. The issue I have is it also records the ITV+1 and ITV2+1 because of selecting All Channels. This is ludicrous and I'm having other series links cut because my **bleep**-vo box is being filled with the same show recording twice. I simply want to be able to to set it to record on two channels and not the +1 channels as well as throwing in HD recordings to.
Add this and the slow responce from my box and a price hike coming soon Sky is seeming better and better. If it continues with these stupid updates then you will soon be loosing a very long standing customer.
0 Kudos