Menu
ZIZOU10
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problem cancelling contract

I originally got a 18 month contract 17 months ago. I tried cancelling back in September last year which was a year in to my contract and was told there would be around a 300 pound cancellation fee I would be better putting my contract down to the minimum package for the remaining 6 months of my contract and I would save X amount and it spreads the cost. I thought that's a good idea I will go with that and was told to call back in February to give my 30 days notice before I can leave.

I have just called to fulfil my duties and have been told that because I changed my contract I signed up for another 12months and there's nothing they can do.

Its going to cost my the best part of 300 pound till September or again a 300 pound cancellation fee.

They never offered any solution. Where do I go with this? I feel what virgin have done here is surely illegal? and if not its a very sneaky thing they have done. How can they make this mistake and not be able to rectify it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem cancelling contract

Hi ZIZOU10, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having an issue reducing your costs, meaning you need to leave us Smiley Sad 

I can see, since posting, you have spoken to the team and they have agreed on a course of action. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos