Menu
savik2
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor transmission on all BBC Radio channels tonight

Experiencing sound drop-out on all BBC radio channels tonight: is it just me, or is there a general fault?  I'm based in Bristol (BS6), Tivo L subscription.  It's only BBC radio - BBC TV channels are fine, as are other radio stations.  Can't imagine it's the Tivo box, since everything else is working OK.  I've checked the VM Status page and there's nothing shown there - maybe the problem is at the Beeb end.  I've Googled to see whether there's been any announcement by the BBC, but can't find anything.  I expect whatever it is will resolve itself in time, but radio is really important to me, so I'm curious to know what's going on and how long the glitch is lilkely to last.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor transmission on all BBC Radio channels tonight

Not here any issues here at the moment

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I also had a lot of issues on BBC 3 last night many be issue with BBC channels at the moment

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There seem to have been a lot of issues posted about sound (not just optical out no longer working) since an unannounced update currently being rolled out.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Tivo-Sound-dropping-out/td-p/2109694

Seems impossible to know what is related at the moment as little information is forthcoming.

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
savik2
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC Radio channels back to normal now - think it may have been something to do with the weather affecting their digital broadcasts: mentioned it to a friend of mine who isn't on VM, and she said Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra were burbling in and out on Freeview last night.  I switched to my FM radio, and R4 was fine on that, so I didn't miss out on anything.  But thanks everyone for responding - nice to know I'm not the only one who listens to the radio channels!

0 Kudos