Menu
Nick73
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor quality Walking Dead season 5 On Demand

Hi.  On Tuesday this week The Walking Dead season 5 disappeared from On Demand.  Last night it was back up and running, so we watched episode 3, but the quality was awful.  It appears to be a different recording to the one that was available previously (the Fox logo at the start is different and now the logo pops up briefly at each point there was an ad break, whereas previously there was no interruption at the point of the adverts, so it clearly is a different version).  The picture is very dark and quite blurred, rendering it almost unwatchable. I've checked other episodes and it appears to be the entire series that is affected in this way. Please could you reinstall the previous version, which was crisp and clear?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor quality Walking Dead season 5 On Demand

Hi Nick73, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue viewing this show. 

We have raised this up at our end and are hoping for a quick resolution. 

Once we have any further information, we'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nick73
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great - thanks.

Last night I checked other On Demand shows.  Mostly they're fine, but there are a couple which are equally bad - highly pixellated, with a lot of blurring around the edges and very murky, particularly in the dark tones.  So it may be a more general On Demand issue, but with The Walking Dead it was fine before the series went missing and then was reinstated with this other version.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick73,

Just checking back with you to see if you've noticed any improvement on The Walking Dead, Season 5, On Demand?

Please let me know. There has been some work done on this, but I want to check to see if this has fixed the problem on your side.

Cheers.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Nick73
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for chasing this up, but there's no improvement.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I noticed from some Sky forums that they have removed one or two episodes from their selection due to the bad quality of the recordings provided.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Nick73
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm... that doesn't sound promising.  The thing is, the original recordings they had were absolutely fine, so one would imagine it would be a simple matter of reinstating those recordings?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick73,

I'm experiencing TWD overload at the moment. I've checked through Series 1-5 on all SD and HD episodes and they are all working fine from here. 

Suppliers had pulled some episodes due to audio issues, but these have been replaced. I've also double checked for poor quality and pixelation, but all the episodes are showing fine with no issues.

Hopefully you will be able to report back the same findings now.

Please let me know.

Thanks. 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos