Menu
Annelisa26
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor quality TiVo

Hi, my TiVo box has never been great but over the past few months it's been awful. Slow, sluggish and poor at responding. I keep getting error C501. IPlayer is virtually impossible to watch as its so slow to load.
Anyone have similar problems, any tips, advice? I've rebooted and restarted a million times. Any help would be great.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor quality TiVo

Hi Annelisa26,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've run some checks on your account and I've picked up a few errors on your TiVo®. I'd like to book you a technician so I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just call VM and ask them to replace it, they will generally do it within a week and it does not cost anything, the only snag is that you lose your recordings.

The last time I had mine replaced, the recording reliability improved and it stalled less in general operations. None of the apps really work as before but then it is the same naff box underneath.

I have an Amazon Fire Stick for iplayer etc, works a charm, much better than the TiVo which I just use for watching live TV and recordings. It's a bit of an irk paying for a widgit to provide a service you are already paying VM for but then again, VM hate their customers so there is not much we can do but leave when our contracts are up.

Annelisa26
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'll call them. I have spoke to them before but they go through all these questions and it's hard to get them to just realise my box isn't working as it should but I will try again and ask for it to be replaced. Thanks again as its beginning to drive me a bit mad :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Annelisa26,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've run some checks on your account and I've picked up a few errors on your TiVo®. I'd like to book you a technician so I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Annelisa26
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh
Not letting me reply to the message for some reason. Here's my reply -
Hi Josh, thanks for this. Last time I spoke to VM they said there wasn't any issues with the box but honestly it's awful 😞 Thursday between 12-4 would be great if possible?

thanks again

anne

0 Kudos
Annelisa26
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh, engineer been. Sent you a private message.
Thanks
Anne
0 Kudos