Menu
Rob679
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor picture quality

We've been struggling with a really bad picture (pixelated, freezes and blocks appearing) since the 2nd October.
Engineer arrived 7th October and quickly diagnosed a problem with the cable between the house and the pit in the street, thus a low signal to the house. He left confirming that a second team would come within 48 hours to remove the old cable and run a new one, promising this would fix the problem.

12th of October this still hadn't happened and the picture quality had become unwatchable, so phoned virgin again. They wouldn't acknowledge that the previous engineer had diagnosed (despite me having a copy of the piece of paper he filled in detailing the problem) and would only rebook another engineer for the the 24th.

15th October I get a text from Virgin telling me it's fixed and canceling the appointment on the 24th. I relied that it still isn't, they ran some more tests, agreed it wasn't so rebooked the engineer for the 24th.

20th October exactly the same thing.

21st October a text saying it was fixed and any problems this time I had to call VM and my engineer was cancelled.

Phoned VM today, who wouldn't reinstate the engineer for the 24th, but could 'see' the problem. But it's 'OK' they will 'monitor' it and if it doesn't get better in 48 hours I can call back and get an engineer booked!

I have never experienced such appalling service!

I pay a lot of money every month for my services and do not expect to be treated like this.

What do I need to do to get VM to fix this fault and deliver the service I'm paying for?!?!

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor picture quality

What a ridiculous situation - it appears as if someone is constantly putting back the date of repair on purpose! Don't forget to arrange a credit to your account when this issue is finally resolved.
0 Kudos
Rob679
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's just bonkers!

Funny twice I've asked for a credit for the service I'm not getting and apparently they can't do that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob679,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Team and Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the TV quality. I've been looking into all services in the home an have been unable to see anything that would equate to a fault. The TiVo servces are locked on well with no signal loss and all the levels are working well.

Any broadband you may have in the home has been tested well and have been responding well. 

Are you able to pop a photo here of when this happens, what channel(s) and what time this is happening please?

Thank you and take care. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rob679
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I appreciate your reply.

I was just about to phone up again, but in checking the TV before hand the picture does seem to be OK currently.
We have however noticed it's worse when it's cold (currently it's a warm morning), so I will it check again this evening and take some pictures for you if it is still playing up.

The channels that seem worse effected have been anything HD (especially e4), MTV and the music channels.

Thanks
Rob
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rob, 

Cheers for getting back to me so soon Smiley Happy

It is interesting that this happens when this is cold. I wouldn't think any expansion or contraction of cables would affect this in that way, although if there's any sort of blip in the signal we'd certainly be able to spot this from my end.

Thanks for letting me know it's more so on HD than SD. There's not much going on with these channels right now but if I do find anything, I'll be able to update this thread. 

I hope that you're enjoying your weekend so far :

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rob679
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately it's starting to play up again this morning, I managed to get a couple of pictures for you on the way out of the door.

https://goo.gl/photos/sN52RQ8bqYjdmZT79

https://goo.gl/photos/v2HfFawAqNQqDhgUA

No where near as bad, but still not right!

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob679,

Thanks for sending us some pictures of the fault you're experiencing.  

I have carried out various checks to try and get this sorted for you.  whilst all looks ok at the moment signal wise I will arrange for an engineer to call back out for you, and will ensure it doesn't get cancelled.

I will send you the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos