Menu
marcshaw48
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service for 18 months!!!!!

Don't know about anyone else but I have had nothing but problems since signing on the dotted line with Virgin. Issue after issue.

1. Signed up for 18 month contract. Got an ex-directory number - the phone was being called constantly by companies asking for a Mrs Wilson. I have no idea who that is. So, for the last 18 months I have been paying for a phone line which I have unplugged as I am being harassed. Complained on more that 1 occasion and no one from Virgin had the decency to contact me to discuss the issue. Very poor customer service.
  2. The internet was sold as being a lot better than sky - It wasn't, it crashed constantly which was no good when working from home. Again, no one contacted me to discuss after complaining.
  3. The TV is the worst system I have ever had to deal with. The remote is really hard to navigate and as the buttons are small, it is quite easy to press the wrong button by accident. The actual system is sluggish, sometimes takes 2 minutes to "wake up" and when it loads up it takes a few seconds for the TV guide to show up, the loading of the box is so so slow!!! Not user friendly in the slightest.
  4. The box is constantly making noises as it is loading etc, this is very frustrating and Virgin said that there is nothing they can do about it.
  5. The monthly fee is increasing by £4 a month in February 2016!!! What for??? Its already a rip off!!
  6. I have been in touch with Virgin via the web chat service. I went through my issues stating that I wanted to give my notice for the end of the contract, they tried to get me to stay, when I said no, they said that I had to contact them directly by phone. I contacted them by phone, I was on hold for 8 minutes, when someone finally answered they said that I couldn't give notice now as my contract ends in March. I know that it ends in March and wanted to give my notice for that time so that it is done and out of the way. She said that she couldn't do that and that if notice was given, there would be a fee. (JOKE)

I have never had so many issues. The biggest mistake I ever did was leave sky and join this awful service. My advice to anyone is STAY AWAY..... 

I shall be putting on Social media also.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service for 18 months!!!!!

If you got a letter about the increase you can cancel when it arrives on your doormat
0 Kudos
marcshaw48
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response. So I can actually cancel my contract because of the fee increase?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

marcshaw48 wrote:

Thank you for the response. So I can actually cancel my contract because of the fee increase?

Best regards.

Yes