Menu
Andycambo82
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor HD quality

I have a Samsung UHD 55 inch TV. All sources I use the picture is amazing except my TiVo box.
I have had sky and the HD was really clear.
The biggest issue is when I watch football. I.e bt sport. The picture is very poor HD quality. I have changed the settings on my TV but can't seem to improve the picture. I have also changed the TiVo settings from 720p to 1080i but again doesn't help. Family members have the TiVo and there's seem to be clearer. Has anyone had this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor HD quality

Hi there Andycambo82, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to learn that you're not getting the enjoyment you'd like from the TiVo®. 

I've run some testing and can see no issue with any of the signal strengths, and the hard drive seems to at optimum and working at an ideal temperature. 

Can I ask if you've been able to to try a different HDMI lead as this may well indeed be the cause. especially as you say that Family members who have TiVo® seem to have a better quality picture.

Another thing, if possible, should you have another TV in the house, if you could try that out to see if there is any improvement. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Andycambo82
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor HD quality

Hi Huw
Thanks for the reply.
I have already tried and the new HDMI cable that I got with my new 4k player and i removed my box and tried in my parents house which is where it seemed better.
I have turned the sharpness way down on my TV which has smoothed the picture a bit and helped. Also I believe it looks better in other households due to my viewing distance. My parents sit about 4 metres from there TV and my brother sits about 3 metres who has sky. I sit 2 metres with a 55 inch TV so this is perfect for blu Ray not so with Virgin. I have recently noticed some channels are a lot clearer. I watched the new series 11.22.63 on demand and the picture quality was amazing, it could of passed for 1080p. But still the football is quite rough on any of the BT channels. I'm sure if I sat back another metre or so this would help but I don't have that luxury. Just wondering is on demand output better quality? Is it classed as pass through 1080p?
Thanks
Andy.
0 Kudos