Menu
ad2598
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please can you change the TiVo software to hide channels I do not subscribe to?

Hello,

Please ask your development team to provide a facility to hide channels I do not subscribe to.  I am thoroughly fed up with scrolling through page after page of channels that I am not interested in, and never will be interested in, just to find the stations that I can watch.

I appreciate that there is a workaround by adding all the channels I do subscribe to via My Favourites but this is tedious as it means going through every channel I subscribe to and marking it as a Favourite.  Also, it means that I have to go into Guide | Options | Show Favourites every time I want to see what is available for me to watch.  You could provide a workaround by making a setting where, when you press Guide, you are automatically shown your favourites.

I can understand why you want to show all the channels available, because you hope that I will subscribe to more of them but, at the risk of repeating myself, there are a large number of channels I will never subscribe to. I am sure I cannot be the only customer who feels like this.

Please make the TiVo more user friendly by doing this; it's one of the few gripes I have about the service.

Regards,

Tony Davies.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please can you change the TiVo software to hide channels I do not subscribe to?

Eloquent plea that will fall on deaf ears. One of the purposes of the EPG is to advertise what is available and the channel providers insist that you should see everything on offer.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please can you change the TiVo software to hide channels I do not subscribe to?

This arguement has been going on since the year dot, & is the same on all the pay TV platforms. You might as well ask them to modify the boxes to not show the adverts between all the programmes because you dont want to see them. Its not going to happen. Its a commercial world out there & your box is a shop window whether you like it or not.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ad2598
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I thought as much.  It would be nice if these companies started to think of us as customers who would like to subscribe to some of their offerings rather than as an opportunity to sell as much as possible to as many people as possible.

But I guess, as you say, that will fall on deaf ears.  Having said that, I've managed to get organisations like Microsoft and Amazon to change tack on certain policies in the past, so you never know, but I'm not going to hold out much hope on this one...

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Prssing Guide; Blue Button & selecting My Favourites will limit the guide to favourite channels - for a while - before it reverts to the full list again.
I tend not to use the full guide and just press OK while watching TV (& selecting My favourites via blue button, as above)
0 Kudos