Menu
Lloydee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Playback stuttering after V6 update

Anyone else seeing this?

Playback stutters and freezes on all my recordings approximately 10 minutes into playback but if you stop and restart the same period plays fine.

was OK prior to the update.

:-(

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playback stuttering after V6 update

Lloydee wrote:

Anyone else seeing this?

Playback stutters and freezes on all my recordings approximately 10 minutes into playback but if you stop and restart the same period plays fine.

was OK prior to the update.

:-(

Maybe you have the same problem.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TIVO-picture-glitches-at-10-mins-past-...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this problem with recordings in recent times, but it's been happening since way before the update. It didn't used to happen at all. Incidentally, it happens with all types of recordings; i.e. including those where live TV has simply been paused.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phil_C wrote:
I've been having this problem with recordings in recent times, but it's been happening since way before the update. It didn't used to happen at all. Incidentally, it happens with all types of recordings; i.e. including those where live TV has simply been paused.

My problem started in May. On the first, of six, engineers visits I suggested that he swap the boxes as he was at a loss. I then discovered that the problem was there on both boxes but a few minutes apart.

VM are aware of the problem but are being less than helpful so the more people who report it the better.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's 19:14 and, predictably, while watching C4 News delayed, it is stuttering on sound and vision. 

So predictable but VM refuse to help.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lloydee,

Thank you for taking the time to come in Smiley Happy

I would like to help and so far I've been able to look into the TV service and whilst this is similar to what other have mentioned, I'm seeing some signal levels that are not working as they should be. With one of the tuners acting this way, it can give you the impression of the fault and may not appear all the time.

I would like to arrange for someone to come out and take a look at this for you. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos