Menu
Andy2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Planed Recordings

Hi,

Just got V/M a week ago and trying to get to grips with it.

My Question is – How do I make the TiVo box record ONLY what I want.

Example – I set it to record the 9.25 Jeremy Kyle – New Only with all subjection switched off.

In the planned recordings I see every J/K show on ITV and ITV2 set up to record. Its recording one now on Saturday afternoon??????? I Don't want it to....

All I want to do is record the NEW 9.25 episodes 5 morning a week.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Planed Recordings

You have to set the series link to 'new only' not new and reruns. Series links only record from the channel you've selected.  

Heres the problem.  You need to make sure that what you are recording is marked as 'new' in the programme description. If it isn't (and sometimes they aren't) then because you've set the series link to 'new' only the TiVo won't know to record it as it will think it's a rerun. 

0 Kudos
Andy2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. I hadn't noticed the "NEW" after each show in the planner (That's new). All 9.25 Jeremy Kyle show do not have "NEW" after the title so when I set it up it recorded all the 9.25's and all the ones on ITV2 which I didn't want. I had no issues with other show as they are correctly labelled as "NEW". To get round the 9.25 Jeremy Kyle issue I did a manual recorded Mon-Fri 9.25-10.30.
I personally think the EPG on virgin needs work. If you need to no your show is new or a rerun then by god label them correctly. Also to many options. I just want to press a few button and it done.

With SKY you see a show, you press record. Option - this episode or series link, you select - DONE.

Thanks again without you help I would have struggled... Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

...but Sky boxes don't reschedule if there is a clash.

0 Kudos