Menu
Andiee
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pixilated

Moved to VM about 6 months ago and find that recordings get pixelated and skip but only near the beginning and near the end.....not in the middle. Also had some scheduled recordings that have failed completely... Though did manage to get them on catchup so wasn't too big a problem .

any ideas?

0 Kudos
Jd3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilated

Hi

Similar problems - unable to watch anything tonight due to severe pixellation (second time in two weeks). Have repeatedly tried to contact "customer service" on 150 but no one's picking up! Anyone from VM out there please???

0 Kudos
Jd3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It just gets better! No signal at all this morning - rebooted box and connected to VM service...........and nothing happens. Any chance of a moderator contacting me please? 

0 Kudos
Jd3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No signal on any channel and error code W02 shown - service status says all OK though!. No contact from forum moderators yet, can see why people are getting cheesed off with the service. Anyone out there please?

0 Kudos
Jd3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no contact from VM, no signal on TiVo (error code W02) and now (apparently like everyone else) have C133 appearing as well. Godawful service - was loyal customer but seriously considering other options now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andie,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption to your recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please let me know if this happens on every recording?  Or if it is on specific channels, can you please let me know what channels the recording is from, if it was SD or HD etc?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels and the hard drive status looks good too.

Let me know if this is still ongoing, I can help further.

I look forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jd3,

Welcome to the community, I'll be happy to help check out what's been causing this for you.

I'm sorry for the disruption you've experienced.  Can you please advise if the picture issues you're getting were just on recordings or live channels as well?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine with the signal and power levels.  If the fault is still present today, let me know and I can check further.  Also some more details about what channels are affected if not all of them would be awesome. Smiley Happy

Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

0 Kudos
Andiee
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Collette_T wrote:

Hi Andie,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption to your recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please let me know if this happens on every recording?  Or if it is on specific channels, can you please let me know what channels the recording is from, if it was SD or HD etc?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels and the hard drive status looks good too.

Let me know if this is still ongoing, I can help further.

I look forward to your reply Smiley Happy

It definitely happens on itv as I tend to mostly notice it on my pre-recorded ITV soaps. I checked the recording from another channel and it's not pixilated, so it's possible it's just ITV (SD).

0 Kudos
Andiee
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

.....Though it does also get pixilated on live TV from time to time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andiee,

Thanks for you reply Smiley Happy  

I have carried out some further checks with the box and hard drive and all still looks ok at present.

There may be an issue with the box that we're unable to detect remotely.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out and check things over for you.

I will send you a private message with all the details. Smiley Happy (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos