Menu
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on TV

Hi,

I'm a new customer (3 weeks in), and although I'm having nothing but problems with Virgin's internet speed and stability, the TV service has - mostly - been fine.

However for the last few days there's been some intermittent pixellation on some channels.  Is there anyway to stop this?  It's present on some recorded shows as well.

It's not constant, but it is pretty frequent.  Rebooting the Tivo box hasn't helps - any ideas?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on TV

Hi you need to ring in & select faults on your phone they will check your signal levels for you, and arrange for an engineer to call if can't be resolved automaticly. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - engineer came out today so hopefully we'll begin to see an improvement - here's how bad it's been (if you have speakers, turn them on - it's even worse...) Smiley Sad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c01uyz80z21vj0b/20160528_112746.mp4?dl=0 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guitarbloke Smiley Happy

Cheers for the message and also the update on the arrival of the engineer. I was wondering how the engineer did after they went and that has this resolved the issue?

Keep in touch and if there's anything that I can help you with just let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben,

Whatever the engineer did seems to have fixed the tv issue.

My main gripe now is that I'm still being charged full whack for a TV service that for an entire month was close to unwatchable (check the video I linked above).

To be honest, you guys and girls answering on the forums have been really helpful, however the arrival of Virgin Media in our household had brought with it nothing but problems (we're now 5 weeks on since installation and our Internet service is still abysmal). I fully regret leaving Sky, and unless something improves drastically in terms of the service (and the matter of billing us accordingly), I'll be heading straight back to Sky.

As of this moment in time I can truly say that there is nothing I can recommend about Virgin's TV or Internet when compared to our Sky service.