Menu
Reply
  • 4
  • 0
  • 1
md67
Tuning in
399 Views
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi all.

I've had Virgin installed for about a couple of months now. Tivo box, V+HD box, Vivid 200. I'm getting pixellation on various HD channels on the TV connected to the Tivo box. The V+ box is fine. All connections are tight and the box has also had a restart. I'm in Glasgow, area 28.

 

  • 19
  • 0
  • 2
skyway666
On our wavelength
378 Views
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi buddy, Just curious - do you get the issue when watching realtime HD channels (rather than recordings or delay TV) I have a similar issue along with some others and for me if I watch non delay live HD TV it works a treat - if I watch recordings or delay TV, my picture breaks up (the majority of time) at strangely predictable times - 15 minutes past the hour is the most regular, tho it tends to have a pattern of being every other hour.

Your issue may be completely unrelated, but interesting perhaps - another person Frank_gm in the same area as you has been working this through with VM for months.

Hope your issue is different as ours is as yet unsolvable thus far.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4
  • 0
  • 1
md67
Tuning in
365 Views
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.


skyway666 wrote:

Hi buddy, Just curious - do you get the issue when watching realtime HD channels (rather than recordings or delay TV) I have a similar issue along with some others and for me if I watch non delay live HD TV it works a treat - if I watch recordings or delay TV, my picture breaks up (the majority of time) at strangely predictable times - 15 minutes past the hour is the most regular, tho it tends to have a pattern of being every other hour.

Your issue may be completely unrelated, but interesting perhaps - another person Frank_gm in the same area as you has been working this through with VM for months.

Hope your issue is different as ours is as yet unsolvable thus far.


It is happening on real time HD channels Skyway. I've never had Virgin installed at home before so I'm still getting used to everything and I'm wondering if this is an issue that only requires some technical tweaking. It's actually happening intermittently right now on C4 HD @ 22.15.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 7.79K
  • 337
  • 547
Forum Team
Forum Team
350 Views
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi md67,

 

Welcome to the Community!

 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your picture.

 

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and it looks like the signal levels need adjustment. I'd like to sent out a technician to fix this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

 

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

 

Josh


Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out


  • 4
  • 0
  • 1
md67
Tuning in
334 Views
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.


Josh_RW wrote:

Hi md67,

 

Welcome to the Community!

 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your picture.

 

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and it looks like the signal levels need adjustment. I'd like to sent out a technician to fix this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

 

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

 

Josh


Cheers. Pm'd you over the weekend.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 19
  • 0
  • 2
skyway666
On our wavelength
331 Views
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi Virgin Media Forum Support,

 

Would you please confirm my signals and systems from your side look OK,  I have not had any response or engagement from Virgin yet with regard to my issue, yet you kindly jump onto other customers rapidly as you have in this thread.   Please work with me as well.  Thanks in advance.

VM - Do you need any info from me?

SKYWAY666

  • 6.3K
  • 170
  • 423
Forum Team
Forum Team
300 Views
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi there skyway666,

 

Thanks for posting!

 

I'm awfully sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

 

There does appear to be some level issues present with your equipment.

 

I would, therefore, like to arrange an engineer visit to get this resolved for you.

 

I have sent you a private message for us to discuss this further.

 

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

 

Hope to hear back from you soon,

 

Nat_J


Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know


0 Kudos
Reply
  • 19
  • 0
  • 2
skyway666
On our wavelength
293 Views
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Thanks Nat_J,

I have PM'ed my appreciation of an engineer visit to adjust my signal settings etc.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.4K
  • 108
  • 1.22K
frank_gm
Community elder
282 Views
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.


skyway666 wrote:

Thanks Nat_J,

I have PM'ed my appreciation of an engineer visit to adjust my signal settings etc.

Thank you.


Hi skyway

Good luck with your engineer visit, let us know how you get on. My engineers hit a brick wall after the sixth visit having being told centrally that there was a known bug. At least I now, finally, have some info on the bug.

Rose_B has told me that the bug is 'Bug #357803 frame rate drop'. I suspect that your engineer will know nothing about that.

If they solve your problem then maybe VM can solve mine.

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.3K
  • 170
  • 423
Forum Team
Forum Team
276 Views
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on HD, Tivo box.

Hi skyway666,

 

Thanks for getting back to me.

 

I have sent you another PM to get this arranged for you.

 

Hope to hear back from you soon,

 

Nat_J


Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know


0 Kudos
Reply