Menu
Gully
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

We are plagued by pixelation on all channels. I've reported this before, and we follow the suggestion to switch the TiVo box off on a regular basis. The problem sometimes resolves itself, but at other times - like today - we still have the pixelation problem. It never goes away, but lessens and then returns. I was again on the point of ringing but spotted someone with the same problem was using this forum.  Can anyone tell me whether this is feature of TiVo boxes and cannot be cured?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation

If reboots aren't helping then it could be a number of issues. 

A signal issue as Tivo's are v sensitive to having the correct level of signal 

a network issue which may (or may not if no ones reported it) be up on the website

a dodgy box which might need replacing. 

Check the website first. If nothing on there phone for an engineer because that's what you'll end up with anyway!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If reboots aren't helping then it could be a number of issues. 

A signal issue as Tivo's are v sensitive to having the correct level of signal 

a network issue which may (or may not if no ones reported it) be up on the website

a dodgy box which might need replacing. 

Check the website first. If nothing on there phone for an engineer because that's what you'll end up with anyway!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gully,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting pixelated pictures on your channels.  I'll be happy to help look into this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all signal levels and power levels are fine at the minute.  Network wise all looks fine as well. 

Can you please let me know if you have checked the following:

*  Checked all leads in back of the box are plugged in securely?

*  Box is well ventilated?

If you can let me know I can help further Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gully
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the leads and they're all secure. The TiVo box is well ventilated. 

I finally telephoned the help desk yesterday because the evening before the pixelation was so bad on BBC1 and 2 that I switched over to freeview. He couldn't detect a fault and switched the box off remotely. As I expected we've had no problem this morning. He suggested that instead of switching the box off now and then, I should switch off every week. I have a computer and I don't have to update that often so I'm not happy with this. 

I spoke to a neighbour today who also has a TiVo box and he has no problem at all and never switches the box off, so it's not an area problem. 

We clearly have an intermittent problem, so I suppose the only solution is to ring the help desk as soon as it starts again, and demand a new box or move to Sky.

0 Kudos
Gully
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replying to my own message. Pixilation re-emerged after re booting the box, so an engineer called this morning. Because we have an intermittent problem, of course it was fine while he was here but  he understood all the issues. He replaced the box, replaced a connecting wire and checked everything. Brilliant service and I'm only annoyed with myself for not escalating earlier.  Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gully,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased it's all sorted now for you.

I'm sorry you had trouble getting this resolve in the first place.  I wouldn't want to have to reboot weekly as to me this is only a temporary solution.

I'm glad an engineer was called out for you in the end.  I hope all remains ok for you now and if you need anything else in the future, just give me a shout here on the community forum.

All the best,

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos