Menu
samankwah
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on several channels

Hi, 

I suspect this fault has been highlighted several times in the past, but I am currently finding that several channels on my TiVo box are showing a very pixelated display, with intermittent sound - this seems to be coinciding with the ongoing "error 319" as shown on the service status page - which according to the website isn't due to be fixed until 12th December! Not impressed by the fact that my planned engineer visit was cancelled as it was deemed by VM that my problem had been resolved...when in fact it hadn't (I had no say in the cancellation), and will now probably have to wait another 10 days for the engineer call out. Is there grounds for early termination of the TV contract if VM are consistently unable to provide a minimum standard of service I.e. To be able to watch the channels I pay for! Would also be interested to know if anyone else in the SW London area is experiencing a similar problem

Beeswing21
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on several channels

I feel your pain, as this is exactly the same as I'm going through at the moment too! I live in York and had my VM Box upgraded to a Tivo box last Friday, as the member of staff I spoke to in retentions advised me my picture was breaking up as the box I was using was outdated.

Ha, if only this was true!! I think at a rough guess, all channels except eight of them are having constant pixelating on this new Tivo box, or I have the error 'Sorry, you're service is not available currently, please try later'. This is an appalling lack of service for a package I am paying for!! I have complained in the past that my channels were missing and I was offered a 50p reduction to my bill, which is quite an insult!!

I rang 150 on Monday and I have an appointment for an engineer to call this Thursday, although I don't hold out much hope! The staff don't seem to concerned in helping their customers with their problems.....

Please keep us up to date with any progress you may make!

Best wishes
0 Kudos
samankwah
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on several channels

Update - so I received a text message from VM to inform me that the fault had been fixed - got home this evening and checked the channels affected which are now clear...not holding my breath though, as when I reported this fault at the weekend it returned within 48 hours! Agree with the above though, a reduction of 50p is insulting to say the least - hope your signal gets sorted soon
0 Kudos