Menu
peterr_ibg
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on recordings

Over the last couple of weeks the recordings on the 500Gb Tivo have started to get blocky and pixellated.

The 1TB unit is ok, and as we dont watch much live TV Im not sure if its just recordings or the live signal thats causing the problem

Hope its not needing a new box as we've lots to watch !

Thx

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on recordings

First thing to do is check all your cables are a good tight fit. Then do a reboot. If that doesnt work you'll need to phone in and get your signal check out. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi peterr_ibg,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy  I'll be happy to help find out what's happening with the recordings playback being pixellated.

I have connected to your TiVo® box (500Gb one) and all signal and power levels look great from here.  I can see an high amount of time-outs on the line.  time-outs can be normal, in this case this is excessive.  A simple reboot will clear this for you.  If you can please power off/on your box please and let me know when this has been done and I will re-check the box.

This will in turn help resolve this fault.

In addition to rebooting your box, it's worth checking to make sure all leads connecting the box to your TV are secure and that the box is well ventilated and nothing covering the vents around the box.

Keep me posted on your progress.  I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
peterr_ibg
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Collette

Thanks for your help - reboot just done, cables checked and all tight

will see if future recordings are fixed and report
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterr_ibg,

Thanks for getting back to us here and trying out those methods out, please let me know or one of the team if there's anything that we can do for you Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos