Menu
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation and Picture break up on all channels

I am getting Pixelation and Picture break up on all channels.I'm in RM12 area, my brother who is in RM13 area has no problems.

I Phoned 150 and they say there is a network problem that is stopping my TIVO connecting properly and will be fixed in 24 hrs but looking on here there is nothing listed.

Just mentioning it on here because I don't trust the offshore call centre enough to be sure they are not fobbing me off  and the ops on here have always seemed more helpful than the call centre.

0 Kudos
ice198625
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation and Picture break up on all channels

Sounds like signal issue anything under minus 6 is not good

Could of been moved down in the cab on tap output which powers out less signal, someone could of opened a man hole cover and trapped your cable in the pit, water inside the cable also causes this problem, sounds to me an engineer is needed which may book a repull of new cable from house to cab

How does your broadband perform ?

(Engineer at virgin media all advice is my own)
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ice198625 wrote:
Sounds like signal issue anything under minus 6 is not good

Could of been moved down in the cab on tap output which powers out less signal, someone could of opened a man hole cover and trapped your cable in the pit, water inside the cable also causes this problem, sounds to me an engineer is needed which may book a repull of new cable from house to cab

How does your broadband perform ?

(Engineer at virgin media all advice is my own)

broadband fine, I can watch NOW TV without problems (good ole sky)

My V+ box is also affected by the pixelation issue so I think its definitely external to my house

The worrying thing is that National Grid are working in the areaSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
ice198625
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quiet possible they have caused damage the amount of smashed exposed pipe lines we attend is ridiclious if cables have been damaged this will cause a problem even more when they start to fill in the hole

Tivo and v+ run off seperate frequencys to broadband

Go to 192.168.0.1 on your web browser click on downstream and send me snr and downstream levels

Then same for upstream levels this will tell us your signal levels

(I WORK FOR VIRGIN MEDIA ALL ADVICE IS MY OWN)
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ice198625 wrote:
Quiet possible they have caused damage the amount of smashed exposed pipe lines we attend is ridiclious if cables have been damaged this will cause a problem even more when they start to fill in the hole

Tivo and v+ run off seperate frequencys to broadband

Go to 192.168.0.1 on your web browser click on downstream and send me snr and downstream levels

Then same for upstream levels this will tell us your signal levels

(I WORK FOR VIRGIN MEDIA ALL ADVICE IS MY OWN)

After I left my last message I lost Broadband. This reply message marks the fact that  both my Broadband and TV are back to normal, having come back around 30 minutes ago.

Thank you for your help.

If the cause was the national grid, then I hope VM screw them royally for it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi barrylowry,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you were experiencing problems with both your TiVo® service and your broadband. Cheers for getting back to the Forum and letting us know that your services had come back on.

I just wanted to double check that there weren't any underlying problems with your TiVo® or your SuperHub. The tests all check out--I'm not seeing any issues with either.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing an issue with either (or both) the TiVo® or broadband service. Even if everything's working fine, just drop me a line so I know that this issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi barrylowry,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you were experiencing problems with both your TiVo® service and your broadband. Cheers for getting back to the Forum and letting us know that your services had come back on.

I just wanted to double check that there weren't any underlying problems with your TiVo® or your SuperHub. The tests all check out--I'm not seeing any issues with either.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing an issue with either (or both) the TiVo® or broadband service. Even if everything's working fine, just drop me a line so I know that this issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Hi Terri_P

All is fine; Broadband and TIVo working as per usual, no issues

regards

Barry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barry,

Many thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear the services are working again for you.

Please let us know if there are any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos