Menu
pompeysean1992
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation Problems on certain HD Channels

Hello,

For some time now (over a week), certain HD channels, mainly FOX HD, Sky1 HD and BBC Three HD have been unwatchable on both live and recordings. They are the main channels but it has been more. 

It is mainly seriously bad pixelation which renders the picture useless. 

Now looking at the threads, it appears it has become a common problem lately. I do NOT want Virgin to say my signals are low, because it is also effecting another 2 houses in the same street I am in. Surely all our three signal levels wouldn't suddenly drop, would they? 

Could someone explain why this has become a problem? 

Is there anything I can do? I have already ensured cables are tight, including the one coming from the street into the booster. 

This has become unacceptable lately, so I look forward to a response. 

Many thanks, Sean

Barter17
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation Problems on certain HD Channels

Its awful. As I have also checked all cables are secure and not tight. I have also found sky sports news hd to be awful. There no point in paying for a decent tv. A fair Wack for a service! Virgin need to do something this area seems really poor for there service recently! Needs sorting asap
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

pompeysean1992 wrote:

Could someone explain why this has become a problem? 

Just guessing here* but with all the upgrades to the network that VM are doing it could be that there has been a general increase in signal noise which is pushing some tuners in the boxes close to their operational tolerance levels. Also, it could be that VM have connected additional equipment to the cabinet (any neighbours recently had VM services installed?) which is has caused the signal strength to drop.

* I like to think it is an educated guess though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
pompeysean1992
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. 

I will try and find out if someone else recently has had VM installed.

The problem is how can Virgin increase the signal levels? We already have a booster they provided and they moved us to the top of the cabinet for best signal strength some time ago. 

Virgin, are you able to do a signal check on my house to see what is going on? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Howdy Pompeysean1992,

Thank you for coming back and posting again in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the Pixelation on channels, I'd like to help here and after running some tests I've been able to see some issues. There are some signal levels that would need adjusting and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BergsLeftNut
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had an engineer out for the same issue. He did tests and said it's a network issue. He has requested a repair and said it could take 3 days
0 Kudos