Menu
wavydavy25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation Problem

Hi, I reported a problem with pixelation  on my TV which seems worse on some channels such as live Football on BT SPorts HD or SKY Sports and 4/7. The Tivo box is also very slow to respond.

Various calls resulted in checks being done remotely saying there was nothing wrong depsite the fact that we still have the issue.

I then had to request an engineer and the guy has been back and forward trying to fix it for the last 3/4 weeks and is now off on holiday without fixing the issue.

He removed some fitting outside the house, installed a box inside which is supposed to find the best frequency,he also ran a new cable despite the fact he had tested it and said the reading was good and finally he replaced the Tivo box.

None of these things has made any difference as it is still pixelating. I was begging to think that it might be my TV that was causing the problem but then I would have thought if it were then would it not do it all the time on every channel? which it doesn't.

The Engineer had left the other day and said he would call back on Friday to find out if the problem was still there before going on holiday but of course he never did get back in touch.

Meanwhile we are still faced with the same problem with no apparent resolution approaching the Xmas holidays and still paying full price for a sub standard service.

Having read the number of similar issues on this forum it is blatantly obvious that this is not just a one off problem but a majot problem and Virgin Media don't seem to know how to fix it.

I am really disappointed with the service and would like to get a reduction on what I am paying for this poor service and someone to contyact me with a plan as to how this is going to be resolved.

Helpful Answers
Daren-ITsold
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation Problem

I would 150 it and book an engineer.

You need to know if your signal is strong internally.

If it is, then it will be an issue with the local exchange/box in your area.

I had this awhile ago and it proved to be external so no amount of fiddling inside would sort it.

Good luck.
Regards
Daren, ITsold UK Website Support
Not affiliated with VM just trying to help where I can.

All Replies
Daren-ITsold
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would 150 it and book an engineer.

You need to know if your signal is strong internally.

If it is, then it will be an issue with the local exchange/box in your area.

I had this awhile ago and it proved to be external so no amount of fiddling inside would sort it.

Good luck.
Regards
Daren, ITsold UK Website Support
Not affiliated with VM just trying to help where I can.
wavydavy25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daren, thanks for the advice. I think the problem must be outside as the Technician who attended had checked the signal strength with a meter attached to the cable to the Tivo Box and it seemed fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello wavydavy25,

Just to let you know I have found your duplicate post and replied to it here.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos