Menu
adz1910
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation Every 5 minutes to the dot

Hi, 

Hoping someone on here may have experienced this. 

I had virgin media installed around 2 months ago (reluctantly as im not aloud a sky dish on the exterior of the property) everything has been running fine although the Tivo box is slow (coming from Sky Plus) nevertheless I was happy. 

Around a month in, I got rid of the unsightly virgin media box on the wall with the shoddy cable staples along my skirting! So I have moved it into the wall (this still has their surge protector inline). Everything still working perfectly and recieving 100mbs internet. Tv working perfectly. 

around 2 weeks ago the box has started to display around three seconds of pixelation on all channels (live tv), this was happening around every 5 minutes (enough to annoy me). 

I got so fed up with this that i started to time the problem with a stopwatch. It happens bang on 5 minute intervals which would imply to me that its more of a Tivo problem rather than signal? Internet is still working fine. Signal on Tivo says 85% on RF. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation Every 5 minutes to the dot

When you say you've moved the box, what have you done?

Do you have photos?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
adz1910
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply. 

The box is fine now. I talked to the online help chat place and reset the box. It hasn't done it since so I can only assume Tivo is rather buggy.

I got rid of the wall box for a chrome f-type wall plate as I hated that horrible white thing on the wall, specially with the cables stapled along the skirting then a splitter screwed to the skirting, rough. 

Many thanks. 

A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh boy.....

You disconnected and re-spliced the VM cabling?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
adz1910
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh no, no. I have extended the cabling in the wall using an f-type coupler (no cutting cables etc) to behind my tv cabinet as the horrible plastic thing was in the corner of the room with the cabling stapled along the skirting to the tv! Now I have it all behind the tv but Virgin's surge protector and splitter now lives in a dry lining box with a chrome faceplate over it. Then double F-type faceplate serves one socket for tv and one for modem. . alot nicer! cant believe most people put up with that huge plastic crap on the wall, its not so bad if its hidden but in my place it looked rubbish.

A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What cable did you use for the extension, and did you crimp that yourself?

0 Kudos
adz1910
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I used the cable that virgin engineer gave me, he crimped it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so it's just a faceplate, no cable mods at all.

In which case there shouldn't be an issue.

0 Kudos
adz1910
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No cable mods. The Tivo box is back to normal now so i think a reset did the trick. I will be on the forum again if the problem returns! Tivo box is complete rubbish compared to sky, not impressed at all. I would like to try the new V6 box

A

0 Kudos