Menu
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pin codes

When will we be able to ditch the Pin codes if we want to re parental controls - I don't have kids etc. and get fed up having to key the code in every so often.

Tonight I was bored and was flicking through channels but kept come back to to same one but each time I had to key the Pin in to watch it

It feels a bit nanny state with my TV questioning if I can watch something on my own TV that I've paid for

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pin codes

Nanny state. You hit the nail on the head.

You can switch off the PIN on all functions EXCLUDING Sky Cinema, where OFCOM have decreed that the PIN must be locked on by the the platform provider irrespective of the settings on the box. This is written into Virgins operating licence, so cannot be circumvented.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, does that mean when I watch other stations I can switch the pin off then - I don't have sky cinema anyway - but can't find where I can switch it off
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Details are in the help article here https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos