Menu
sounds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pin Request on ITV2 and Fox

Hi,

I came home last night switched on my living room Tivo, ITV2 to watch Hall Pass (10pm) and was asked for my PIN as it was a show that had an unknown certification, which I thought odd. Switched across to a few other channels without any problem, thought maybe it was a one-off mistake.

Even went to Help to see if a PIN had been set on any channels and it hadn't. Even used the facility to take the loco off all channels if there was one.

This morning I just turned on (Fox) Cops at 8am and was again given the message that it was an uncertified programme and to enter my PIN..

However used my second Tivo box, for Cops (Fox) for same programme  and no problem.

Anyone else had this problem and if so know why is it happening, and how to solve?.

Thanks

sounds

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pin Request on ITV2 & Fox

Hi sounds, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your PIN coming up for certain programmes. 

From what you've said it's certainly due to the programme being un-certified. Is your channel guide populating the listings or are you seeing a lot of to be announced?

I have sent some signal hits down the line to your box. If you can turn the TiVo® off at the mains, leave off for a little while (10 minutes) and then plug the power back in. 

Monitor things and let me know if you are still having the same issue. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sounds, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your PIN coming up for certain programmes. 

From what you've said it's certainly due to the programme being un-certified. Is your channel guide populating the listings or are you seeing a lot of to be announced?

I have sent some signal hits down the line to your box. If you can turn the TiVo® off at the mains, leave off for a little while (10 minutes) and then plug the power back in. 

Monitor things and let me know if you are still having the same issue. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi sounds if im correct in stating you can cancel the pin protection buy home help settings cancel pin or its ongoing fault it does seem like fault
0 Kudos
sounds
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath  

I have powered off for 10 mins, too early to tell if its worked.

Strangely enough I had the same problem again this Friday night and Saturday morning but nothing inbetween. So only had it on those days each of last two weeks and on different channels.

As for the channel listings all are fine and all the programmes and details are coming up.

I hope that makes sense.I look forward to your reply

Thanks  Sounds 

0 Kudos
sounds
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan,

Yes tried that and it didnt work.

Thanks anyway

Sounds