Menu
Sam_Mulligan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality on Netflix variable

Hi,

Just started with Virgin and just got Netflix working. Noticed that picture seems to change in quality - one minute real crisp HD quality, the next quite grainy, and then back again.

No problems on the normal channels, and certainly no problem on the TV itself (checked by viewing on existing SKY box).

What do I do?

Sam
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture quality on Netflix variable

Howdy Sam_Mulligan,

Cheers for taking the time to pop into the Community, I 'd like to welcome you in Smiley Happy

I hope you've been able to have a good around the place, I've read that you've been having some issues on the Netflix, my apologies for this. 

I was able to run some tests on the TV services in the home and found some detectable issues. Your downstream power levels aren't working as they should be. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Netflix app on TiVo uses TiVo's own 10Mb internet access.

If you are seeing issues with picture quality on Netflix, it is likely the problem lies with TiVo's internet connection.

You will need Virgin Media to establish if this is correct and resolve it.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Once you've started watching something Netflix will try and compensate for a drop in connection speed by dropping the picture quality rather than buffering. Netflix recommend a minimum of 5mbit for streaming HD and 25mbit for streaming 4k. My connection speed is quite variable in the evening when everyone else in the street who's on Virgin is using the internet but that's expected.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Howdy Sam_Mulligan,

Cheers for taking the time to pop into the Community, I 'd like to welcome you in Smiley Happy

I hope you've been able to have a good around the place, I've read that you've been having some issues on the Netflix, my apologies for this. 

I was able to run some tests on the TV services in the home and found some detectable issues. Your downstream power levels aren't working as they should be. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jimms27
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

I am also having issues with the quality of Netflix via my TiVO box's app.

can you have a look into this more me also?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimms27

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with the Netflix application on your TiVo box.

I've run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors, are you seeing this issue occur at any times of day in particular? What issues are you seeing when you try to use the application? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos