Menu
Sudburys
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality just got worse

So, about 3 days ago my Tivo box got stuck in a loop trying to wake up with most of the lights on the front lit up.

I tried both turning it off to stand by and un plugging it but the problem persisted.

In the end, I had to leave it unplugged for 30 minutes before it started working again but when it came back on the picture and screen flickered and flashed. When it settled down I immediately noticed that the graphics and picture quality of the TV guide and menu had deteriorated.

Later that day whilst watching TV even my wife commented if this was the HD channel because of the picture quality.

On top of this, the Tivo box has become really slow.

Has any one suffererd this problem or can recommend what to do now?

Thanks

Steve
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality just got worse

Could be various things. A signal issue or your box dying. Could be over utilisation on the network or a cabling problem. You'd need to phone for an engineer though. 

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time out to write to us in the Community again Smiley Happy

Picture quality when it's not the best can be frustrating and I'm sorry to read about this.

I would like to ask if this is still happening, as the signal levels are looking really healthy. Are you seeing this still or maybe on a different box?

Stay in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Sudburys
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In not getting any picture now Ben, I'm going to call for an engineer I think.
0 Kudos