Menu
dunmor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixellation and freezing

Just had my 5th Tivo box fitted since joining Virgin in April due to pixellation on the picture, none of which have cured the problem. Now this latest box has started freezing the picture on both live tv and recordings, and sometimes the box just reboots after being frozen for a few minutes.

The technicians say the pixellation must be my Tivo box as my second standard box does not have the problem - really after FIVE boxes. Everything has been changed now except the cable from the street cabinet to my house.

Anyone else having this problem - never happened with Sky!

Can't get through to customer service, even though the lines are suppose to be open until midnight. The line just goes dead after being on hold for 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixellation and freezing

Hi dunmor

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service.

It's certainly not the level of service we'd want you to experience and I'd like to help to get to the bottom of this in any way I can.

I've located your account to run some tests on the box from our end, we're not detecting any issues with the box at the moment though. Are you noticing this issue occur on any particular channel? Or at a certain time of day?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dunmor
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The channels where we have noticed the problem are bbc one sd, bbc two hd, sky one hd, itvbe hd, channel 4 hd, e4 hd. We have never seen the problem on sky sports channels. We watch most of our tv during the evening when the problem is most noticeable, although it was noticed by your technician during a morning call.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello dunmor,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm very sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you, this sounds more like a signal issue rather than a problem with the box especially with the amount of boxes you've had replaced. A repull may be required to replace the cables but I would need to send someone out to investigate this for you and discuss this with you further. I would like to get this arranged for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing but I hope we're able to resolve this for you very soon.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos