Menu
tutch123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixelation

I have only had this for a few days now and I am having problems already.  I have a Tivo box downstairs and an HD box upstairs.  Both boxes are suffering with pixelation on the catch up TV - this is particularly bad when the characters are moving as the picture appears to jump!! The picture quality on the TIVO box is fine but the upstairs box is not great. Wondering if I have made a mistake switching from SKY but the picture on the HD Tivo does appear to be better.  I suppose I have 28 days to cancel if it doesn't get better! I have checked the leads into the boxes and they seem fine. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixelation

Either leave a message on here and a mod will post back or phone 150 and speak to customer services.

0 Kudos
Tahira1977
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Check your Service Status and see if it's a problem in your area, if not, contact 150 from your Virgin Landline or 0845 454 1111 from other Landlines 9am to 12am Midnight

----------------------------------------------

I'm a Virgin customer and always have been!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tutch123,

Firstly, Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

Also I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these disruptions with your TV service since it was installed.

I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.  I have already taken a look at your boxes remotely to see what's causing the fault.  I can see an issue with the signal which I am unable to fix from here.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this sorted for you no problem.

I'll send all the details in a private message, check the little red envelope icon in the top left hand corner by your username.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rhodwindsor
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm also experiencing seriously bad picture pixelation on catch up and I've had the TiVo box for less than 12 hours! Not a good start!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rhodwindsor,

Thanks for coming to the Community for the first time, welcome Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not getting the full quality when viewing the TV. I'd like to help and so far, whilst looking into the TiVo I've not been able to run my tests. This may be from either the box being turned off or you're being affected by an issue there in the home. 

Can you please let me know if the box was indeed on during the time of my message and if so, could it be turned on.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
atomheart
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I'm having this issue on a few live Channels. I've posted in a separate thread but no one has replied.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhodwindsor,

I am checking back with you, as we haven't received a response from you since Ben's post. 

I have run tests to your TiVo® and can still see an issue. This is something that we can arrange to get fixed for you, but we need to verify some details with you, first, in order to do so. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi atomheart,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having pixelation issues with your television service. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. I can see a problem that we are going to need to investigate further for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos