Menu
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Picture keeps breaking up

My picture was breaking up but my V6 box had a fault and it was replaced today but im still getting break up and freezing to the point of it being very annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture keeps breaking up

Hi Geordiemick,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

I've run diagnostics on your V6 box and I can see an issue with your Input signal levels. It's unusual to see this after a technician has been out already.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to come out and fix this for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy766702
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed this start on my v6 box as well.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy766702,

Thanks for the post!

I have checked your V6 and the signals are looking good at the moment so are you noticing this on any particular channel?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Andy766702
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have noticed it on pretty much all the channels. Even on recorded programs the picture is choppy at points.
0 Kudos
Truth4all
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had that ever since they sent a new-start (long story) to try and install a V6. VM insisted the "signals were perfect" and engineer after engineer came, witnessed the problem and left. Eventually a "senior engineer" said see how that goes for a few days then call in and say I've authorised cable pull, if it's still the same, which of course it was. So I call customer "support" but the woman refused and said all I needed was for both boxes to be replaced! This was when I was told repeatedly that recordings would be copied over to the replacements. (Previous thread, another long story) I was then in the process of legally terminating the contract as not fit for purpose. Then on a whim, I decided to check inside the brown box outside the house and found the connection hanging loose!! Despite all the visits and senior technicians, stories of over-utilization, too far from cabinet etc. etc. loads of signals sent down the line (oversees call centre love those) and constantly being told "everything looks good". Since then no more pixelation or some of the other faults. Like with the problem with V6 rebooting everynight and often when coming out of standby, with virgin media you are well and truly on your own and have to figure everything out for yourself.

Anyway that is the short story, maybe the long story will be published in my book some day, "20 years of cable 'services' in the UK". I'll save you the sub-title.

I'll still be leaving finally, obviously. Terminations said there is another huge price hike about to be announced, so no need for the legal action, to terminate contract.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy766702,

Thanks for getting back to us!

If the picture is still breaking up then we'll need to send a technician to check it out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos