Menu
Daydreamer87
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture has gone weird

Don't know why it's upside down...Don't know why it's upside down...The jpeg will only upload upside down so please ignore that ☺ 

I have tried rebooting a few times, checked all the cables and the card in the back but the screen stays all staticky, flickery and weird.

It did this a few months ago and eventually seemed to fix itself after I called for an engineer. He came and looked at the jpeg I had back then and had no idea what the heck this was.

Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture has gone weird

Have you got the new software? If you check series links and it says 'series link +' then you have. In which case take out the viewing card cos it's causing problems and isn't reqd anymore. Then try home-thumbs down-thumbs up-play play. You'll hear a beep and the screen should Ho blank for a minute. See if that does it. If not it'll be another engineers visit I'm afraid. 

Ps have you tried a new (but cheapo HDMI cable? I found the expensive one I had caused no end of problems. Bought a new one for a fiver and hey presto fixed!!) 

0 Kudos
Daydreamer87
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture has gone weird

Thanks. I'll definitely try the button thing next time. I already swapped the cables because the one Virgin Media gave me kept falling out. And the software is up to date.

The problem seems to have fixed itself. I switched the box off at the back for 4 hours and when I turned it on it was fine. Not a clue what was wrong or how it was fixed but I'll call this a win 😀

0 Kudos