Menu
Hippobiker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture breaking up and internet dropping connection.

Hi,

I had Virgin installed two weeks ago and to start with the HD channels were breaking up. Book an engineer visit, but the problem seemed to resolve it self so cancelled the engineer. Now the problem is back and is now affecting some SD channels as well.

Also, the internet keeps dropping out (via Ethernet & WiFi), i keep getting the below error message. It's a pain when I'm doing online banking, I don't know the transaction has gone through or not. 

hqdefault.jpg

Also, I had Virgin at my last home and I was told to bring all my equipment with me when I moved, that way I could keep all of my recordings on my Tivo box. The engineers arrived to install it at my new home and then said "That box won't work here, you have come from a different area". So I was given a new box & modem and lost all of my recordings.

All in all, I'm not impressed.

HippoBiker

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture breaking up and internet dropping connection.

sometimes if you move out the area code it can happen you can't reuse your old stuff and you should of not canceled the engineer visit better to ring up and get it all sorted if it comes back keep the engineer visit it can be a power level problem and this problem keep on arising

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hippobiker

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your services at the moment, I've been able to take a closer look at this and run some tests on the set top box from our end.

We're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hippobiker
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Just a quick update to inform you that the engineer ( a very competent man by the name of Ian) came and has sorted out whatever the problem was.

Thanks for your help.

Hippobiker

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Hippobiker

This is excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let me know.

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos