Menu
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Picture break up on recordings

Started about a week ago, programs record ok and during playback the picture freezes and stutters. If i stop the playback and then play again and then rewind the same scene will play fine, so the recording is not the issue, just the playback. Thought it was overheating so stuck a fan on the outside of the box and the box is now cold, but the freezing still happens. It is intermittent so i wonder if it is a hard drive issue.

Anyone suffered the same or do I ask for a replacement box ?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break up on recordings

qwakuk wrote:

Started about a week ago, programs record ok and during playback the picture freezes and stutters. If i stop the playback and then play again and then rewind the same scene will play fine, so the recording is not the issue, just the playback. Thought it was overheating so stuck a fan on the outside of the box and the box is now cold, but the freezing still happens. It is intermittent so i wonder if it is a hard drive issue.

Anyone suffered the same or do I ask for a replacement box ?

Yep, it sounds like my issue, the rewind and play again correctly is the clue.

I am, hopefully, getting my boxes replaced on Monday, both are affected, but it has been a long wait. My problems started in May and VM have been reluctant to help. They would prefer that no-one talks about this issue.

I don't know whether replacing the boxes will resolve the problem but it is a start. Just think, after months of suffering, we may be able to watch a recording/delayed TV in one go. Wow.

Best of luck. 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not great news for you, at least I have only had the problem about a week.

I will speak to the family and see if the same is happening to the other 2 boxes before getting on the phone to VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey qwakuk

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're seeing some errors being reported by one of the TiVo boxes but would love to hear how the other two boxes are doing if you've had the chance to check.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at the box we're detecting issues with, I've sent you information regarding that in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer walked in the door and said the hard drive was dying and the box needed replacing, no other diagnosis. Five hours on and watched one 60 minute recording on the new box, so far so good.

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

spoke too soon, just watching a recording and the stuttering is back on the new box as well
fergiet
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here !
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Qwakuk,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message on the Community.

I would like to help and I'm sorry that this was short lived. I was able to look into the account and see that the hard drive is still throwing up some errors. 

It can happen but it's rare that this happens, this will need another engineer. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos