Menu
Logic800
Superfast
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Picture break-up on HD channels

Last night the picture was breaking-up on BBC HD channels and also Channel 5, I'm also getting lots of Post RS errors on my SH2AC - are these connected issues?  Could somebody please check my signal levels, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break-up on HD channels

Hi Logic800,

Thanks for coming by.  I'm sorry to hear that you were getting pixelated picture on some of your channels.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all signal and power levels are looking great from here.  Are you still experiencing this issue today?  If so, give me a shout and I'll be happy to help further.

I did notice that your box hasn't been powered off for a short while.  Nothing out of the ordinary really, if the issue persists can you please power off the box and back on to refresh and let me know if this continues.

I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Logic800
Superfast
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Restarted the box, still getting break-up on just viewed BBC News HD.

0 Kudos
Logic800
Superfast
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Problem continued on various channels last night, one was even SD. So bad I stopped using the TiVo box and watched directly on the TV via the aerial.

0 Kudos
R5oss
Up to speed
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Add me to the list. I'm in area 22 and it seems like all of the live HD content is having problems. To the extent that we were unable to watch our recording of First Secretary, hope the next attempt is OK.

0 Kudos
Logic800
Superfast
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 also.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Logic800 and R5oss, 

Thank you for coming back to us on this, I have again checked both of your accounts and can not see any errors on either of your set top boxes at all. 

So this has puzzled me a little, there is no link between area number, as the area number is not geographical, it is to do with the billing system your area used prior to the unification of our customer databases. For example, in your case area 22, would mean that are both living in areas that were once a Cable and Wireless area, that then became NTL then Virgin Media. Geographically you live the other end of the country from each other. So this would not be a link. 

Could you please let me know if this seems to happen more during peak hours, or is it all the time. I would really like to get to the bottom of this for you. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

R5oss
Up to speed
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that explanation Huw. I'm in LS17, but on the internet it's the whole world Smiley Wink

The vast majority of our viewing/recording is between 18:00 to 23:00 !.

0 Kudos
Logic800
Superfast
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Mostly peak time recording/viewing as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi R5oss and Logic800, 

Please see the private message I sent to you both. Testing to both of your TiVo® boxes shows power level problems, so I can get a technician out to you to get this sorted out. Just get back to me and I'll get that scheduled for you.

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos