Menu
doc1964
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Picture blocky and stuttery on loads of channels

The picture on the most of the HD channels and on things like the music channels on my recently replaced TIVO is very blocky and unwatchable.

Tried to watch a game of football on BT sport HD and it was no use, switched to non HD and it was fine.

Just had my TIVO box replaced recently due to an issue with the hard drive.

Is there any work or faults in my area (ML5) that would be affecting this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture blocky and stuttery on loads of channels

Hi doc1964

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to run some tests on the box from our end and we're not detecting any issues at the moment. 

Are you still having the issues? If so, what channels are you noticing this on? Do you ever notice issues with the SD channels?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
doc1964
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It can happen on some sd channels, tried watching recordings last night but unwatchable. This is a new box as recordings were unwatchable on previous box. Think it might be an internal wiring problem as there are no problems on the box in another room
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey doc1964

Thanks for getting back to me, do you ever notice problems with the picture on live TV or is it just recorded content?

Sorry for all the questions, I want to help get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
doc1964
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are some channels it is constant on, bbc, stv seem fine. Hd sports channels, music channels and some of the more obscure channels are worst affected. Recordings from bbc are fine.
Is there different strength signal for different channels.
If there was a poor connection somewhere leading to the main TiVo box would that explain the lower strength signal channels being affected more, might also explain why all channels are ok in the other room. Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
doc1964
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Went into diagnostics on box in living room, tuner 0 signal strength changes constantly from 0% to blank to anything up to 100 %'
Tuner 1 shows strength varying between 3 and 6%
Tuner 2 shows strength of 49%.
The box we have in the other room shows all three turners with solid 100% signal strength.
As this problem also occurred with previous box, I think it is a cabling or internal wiring fault.
Hope that helps
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi doc1964

Thanks for getting back to me and for running those extra tests Man Happy

I'd like to request that the team in your area take a look at this issue locally, I've sent you information regarding that in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos